All are welcome! Come as you are! Join us as we celebrate the birth of our Savior.
Christmas Eve Candle Light Services
Tuesday, December 24th at 7:00 pm & 10:30 pm
This is a joyful time of worship and a wonderful time to gather as a community. Come, bring your family and friends, and celebrate the birth of Jesus with us. Want to read scripture or help in some other way? Contact Pastor Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Christmas Dinner
Wednesday, December 25th at 1:00 pm
All are welcome to join us for a fabulous feast, with turkey and ham and all the trimmings. We’ll enjoy fellowship, sing carols, and eat until we’re stuffed. Want to help? Contact Barbara Christy at email@example.com
SOUTHERN ALAMANCE FAMILY EMPOWERMENT
5950 HWY 87 SOUTH, GRAHAM, NC
MAIL: PO BOX 286, SAXAPAHAW, NC 27340
This week SAFE fed 30 families! A record high!
• Canned Protein (ex: tuna, chicken, salmon, peanut butter)
• Canned Vegetables (ex: mixed, green beans, corn)
• Canned Fruit (ex: applesauce, peaches, pears, pineapple)
• Soups (ex: beef stew, chili, chicken noodle, turkey rice)
• Multigrain Cereal (ex: cheerios, cornflakes, raisin bran, oatmeal)
• Grains (ex: macaroni & cheese, pasta, rice)
• 100 % Fruit Juice (all sizes, including juice boxes)
• Snacks (ex: raisins, dried fruit, nuts, cereal bars)
• Condiments (ex: ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, oils)
• Hygiene Items (ex: diapers, deodorant, toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, shampoo, tissue)
• Paper Products & Household Items (ex: paper towels, cleaning supplies, laundry detergent)
We also gladly accept the following:
• Pet food (ex: dog and cat food)
• Frozen Foods (ex: meats, pizzas, frozen veggies)
• Cash/checks (made out to S.A.F.E.) are always appreciated!
Did You Know?
• The Garden of Concord donates fresh produce every week.
• Several local farms and families donate fresh eggs every week.
• S.A.F.E. gives over 100 pounds of food to every family in need.
Call Jim Cheek, Director
Mark your calendars today!
Our Fall Festival and Trunk or Treat is Saturday, November 2nd.
Bring canned goods to help us fight hunger.
Foster your child’s natural curiosity, creativity, and intelligence through:
A Safe Learning Environment – focusing on each child as a unique individual.
A Dual-Language Program – because children who learn more than one language at an early age have increased learning capacity and do better in school long term.
Plenty of Outdoor Play – including gardening, outdoor activities, and a playground that sparks each child’s imagination.
Strong Community Connections – including field trips into the village and bringing folks from the village to the daycare to enrich each child’s learning.
Check out SaxapahawVillageKids.com today!
Food Pantry Opening Soon!
We need your help today!
Do you love working with youth?
Then consider this amazing opportunity!
We are seeking a part-time youth coordinator who loves Jesus and loves teenagers and is interested in facilitating and growing our existing dynamic youth ministry. This is a paid position, 15 to 20 hours per week. See the full job description below. The application is attached as both a pdf and doc file.
Apply today! We hope to fill this position as soon as possible.
Questions? Contact Pastor Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org
Maundy Thursday: March 28th at 7:00 p.m.
We will remember the Last Supper with Holy Communion and the servant-act of foot washing. Parker Haynes will be preaching. This is a wonderful service for children!
Good Friday Service: March 29th at 7:30 p.m.
In this Service of Tenebrae or “Darkness,” we gather to read scripture and meditate on the passion of Christ.
Easter Sunrise Service: March 31st at 7:00 a.m.
Gather at the cemetery on Moore’s Chapel Cemetery Road just west of Highway 87 to greet our Risen Lord! Jonathan Hester will be preaching and the Praise Team will be leading us in singing. Stay after for donuts, coffee, and fellowship with our sister churches.
Easter Worship & Praise: March 31st at 10:50 a.m.
Celebrate the Festival of the Resurrection! We will be baptizing Amber Jones and confirming five youth during this special worship service.
Join us for five weeks as we study the Passion Narratives in the Gospel of Mark with Mickey Efird. We’ll meet Tuesdays from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. starting Feb. 19th at the home of Lorraine McNamara (5680 Church Road).
Lorraine lives on the corner of Church Road and Whitney Road – just a few doors down from the church. You can pull into her driveway from Whitney Road and park behind her house. Come in the back door.
All are welcome! Invite a friend to join you.
Questions? See Pastor Sue.
The First Sunday in Lent
February 17, 2013
9:45 am Sunday School
Cancelled due to potential ice
11:00 am Worship
Join us if you can get here safely!
12:30 pm Birthday Celebration
We’re still planning on a party!
5:30 pm Youth Group
Hopefully nothing will stop our youth!